The Flip Oakes Wild Thing Flugelhorn offers the ultimate in full, rich, open, dark, smokey sound, suited well, for the jazz soloist, whether playing in a night club, out doors jazz festival, concert hall, or church. The blow is open and even throughout all registers. It also has incredible intonation, with fast response. The flugelhorn features a short, fast valve action for intricate difficult passages.
Whether your playing lush ballads, fast be bop lines or playing in the ‘section‘… This is the Flugelhorn for you! Flugelhorn specifications below the images.
Random pictures of Silver Plated, Lacquer & Gold Plated “Wild Thing” Flugelhorns. Click image for larger view:
- Key of Bb
- 6″ Brass Bell.
- 3rd Slide Trigger.
- Nickel Back Bell Bow Guard.
- 3 Amado Water Keys ( all reachable with the left hand at the same time for fast emptying.
- .415 Bore, Bottom Sprung Valve Casing for the most Open Wrap Bell Branch, and Bell.
- Hand Fitted Monel Pistons.
- Brass Finger Buttons.
- French Taper Mouthpiece Receiver -Tuning Slide – Brass Lead Pipe for the Darkest, for the Most Open Sound.
- Flip Oakes Deep “V” Cup Wild Thing Mouthpiece available in the following sizes from largest to smallest: #FO, #1, #1.25, #1.5, #3, #5, #7, #10.5
- Gladstone Leather Bound, Hard-Shell Case.