Trumpet Player on the Late Show with David Letterman on CBS
A great horn and Flip is a great guy. He will help fit you with the right horn, tuning slide, Flugel, or whatever you need. The “Wild Thing” is different than any horn I have ever played. The big bore is surprisingly easy to fill to produce that big ballsy sound.
Thanks Flip for making the “perfect horn”!
WILD THING UPDATE Nov, 18, 2003
I have had my “Wild Thing” trumpet and flugel horn for 5 years now. They both still play great with ease.
Usually after 2 or 3 years you get tired of your horn and need to tweak your sound and equipment. But not with the Wild Thing.
I play them both every night on “THE LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN”. We play with so many different artists throughout the year. Other players have 2 or 3 different horns for different situations. The “WILD THING ” works for for all of them.
The wild thing trumpet was the only horn I needed for all these different acts. It is so versatile and free blowing it is a joy to play.
I am so happy I found the “WILD THING ” trumpet. I could never even think of switching to another horn again.
ALAN CHEZ – TRUMPET and FLUGELHORN
MAJOR SHOWS AND TOURS:
- 1999 ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME induction ceremonies 3/15/99 with Paul MaCartney, Bruce Springsteen , Billy Joel , Eric Clapton and Elton John.
- BON JOVI, SLIPPERY WHEN WET TOUR ,August 1987
- JACKSONVILLE JAZZ FESTIVAL, October 15, 1998, Maynard Ferguson, Bob James, Michael Brecker, Louie Belson, Paul Shaffer and the Worlds most dangerous band.ROCK AND ROLL JUNCTION TOUR, Tokyo Japan, August 1989,with Ben E King, Wilson Pickett, Chuck Berry, and Danny and the Juniors.
- 1989 PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION FOR GEORGE BUSH January 21 1989 with Joe Cocker, Delbert McClinton, Ron Wood, Duck Dunne, Bo Didly, Dr. John, Billy Preston, Steve Cropper, Sam Moore, and Percy Sledge.
- TOWER OF POWER TOUR OF THE STATES; November 1989-1990
- ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTIONS,1990,1991,and 1992 with David Sanborn, Edgar Winter ,Paul Shaffer and the World’s most Dangerous band.
- DAVE EDMUNDS ROCK AND ROLL WORLD TOUR,1990-1991 featuring Dion, Graham Parker, Dave Edmunds, and Kim Wilson of the Fabulous Thunderbirds.
- THE KISS 108 FM ANNIVERSARY PARTY, June 3,1991, performed with Smokey Robinson, Steve Perry and Joe Tyler of Aerosmith, Jeffrey Osborne, and Donna Summer.
- ROBERT WUHL ONE NIGHT WORLD TOUR, HBO COMEDY SPECIAL, October 1991
- HOWARD CARPENTER TEAR DOWN THE WALL TOUR, East and West GERMANY 1990
- JOHN LENNON’S 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION, December 1990, Tokyo Japan, with Natalie Cole, and Dave Edmunds.
- THE CADETS OF BERGEN COUNTY SPRING CONCERT, June 1991.Featured soloist playing selections from Leonard Bernstein’s prelude fugue and riffs.
- TOWER OF POWER TOUR OF EUROPE AND SCANDINAVIA 1992-1993
- BON JOVI CHRISTMAS CONCERT December 1991 ,1992 , 1994 and 1996
- ROBERT CRAY SHAME AND A SIN WORLD TOUR,1993 -1995
- CLOSING CEREMONIES OF THE 1996 CENTENNIAL OLYMPIC GAMES, August 4th 1996 appeared with Stevie Wonder, B. B. King, Shelia E, The Pointer Sisters, and Little Richard.
- Started full time on THE LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN February 3rd 1997
SELECTED APPEARANCES ON THE DAVID LETTERMAN SHOW LATE NIGHT- CBS. 1986-1993
- 09/14/88 – Toni Childs
- 12/13/89 – Tower of Power
- 03/16/89 – Junior Walker
- 05/01/89 – David Sanborn
- 05/02/89 – Robert Palmer
- 05/03/89 – The Staple Singers
- 05/04/89 – Lou Reed
- 05/05/89 – Hank Crawford
- 12/12/89 – Tower of Power
- 03/21/90 – Mica Paris
- 05/10/90 – Dave Edmunds
- 03/29/91 – Elvin Bishop
- 05/01/91 – John Westly Harding
- 05/07/91 – Phoebe Snow
- 05/24/91 – Ohio Players
- 08/22/92 – Aaron Nevill
LATE SHOW C.B.S. 1994-1997
- 01/08/94 – Tom Jones
- 02/19/96 -primetime video special10/25/95 – Phish
- 12/14/96-K.C. and Sunshine band
- 01/02/96 – Fiesta bowl12/21/96-on the road in Washington
- 01/03/96 -Blues Traveler
- 01/06/97-B.B. KING
FEBRUARY 3RD 1997 – STARTED FULL TIME WITH C.B.S. ORCHESTRA
ADDITIONAL LIVE APPEARANCES
- 1999 ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME induction ceremonies 3/15/99 with Paul Macartney, Bruce Springsteen , Billy Joel , Eric Clapton and Elton John. Darlene love , The Young Rascals , Leslie Gore , James cotton , Celine Dion , Buddy Guy Stevie Ray Vaughn , Jimmy Vaughn , Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes , Shirley Austin Billy Idol , Bruce Springsteen , The Temptations , Joe Lewis Walker , Mary Wells , Eddie Floyd Bon Jovi , Little Anthony and the Imperials , Elliot Randal , Labamba and the Hubcaps , Martha Reeves , Spyro Gyra , Jay and the Americans , Greg Adams , Papa John Creach , Benny and the Spydrs , The O.J.’s , Pheobe Snow , Debbie Gibson, Al Green for more information contact CHEZMAN inc. at 908-832-0150 or E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
trumpet / flugelhorn
ALAN was born in Jersey city , New Jersey in 1961. His father a country and western singer and his mother always had a love for music. When Alan was three his parents took him and his two older brothers Michael and Peter to a drum and bugle corps contest in Jersey city. Alan loved it. When the family moved to Edison N.J. his father help start up a local drum corps called THE SAINTS. Alan being to young at the time had to wait until he was 9 yrs old to join . Hearing his two brothers practice all the time Alan got horn playing in his blood. Alan stayed in the corps , eventually being one of the corps soloists until 1977 when the corps disbanded.
Looking for another venue to play the horn Alan stayed with drum corps. Joining the GARFIELD CADETS 1978-1982. Traveling all over the country with the corps in the summer months Alan looked for places to play during the winter. He joined up with JON BON JOVI in 1979 starting the band THE ATLANTIC CITY EXPRESSWAY. The band played all the Jersey shore clubs (although no member of the band was over 17) for about 5 years.
After high school Alan got a offer to go on the road with another local band, LA BAMBA and the HUBCAPS. His mom told him to quit his job at a electrical supply store and off he went.
Alan met up with Paul Shaffer and Will Lee in a club in New York in 1986 and was asked along with his horn partner Bruce Kapler to do some touring with the Worlds most Dangerous band . They performed for about two years at such venues as the Jacksonville jazz festival and the Summerfest festival in Wisconsin.
After a few years of playing clubs in the New Jersey / New York area. Alan ventured out playing with the California based bands TOWER OF POWER 1988-1992 and the ROBERT CRAY BAND 1994-1995.
After years of sitting in with PAUL SHAFFER on the LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN. Alan was asked to join the band full time in February1997.
Alan has a son Travis -17 and a daughter Jessica -11.
DAVID LETTERMAN. Alan was asked to join the band full time in February1997.
Alan has a son Travis -17 and a daughter Jessica -11. 997.
Alan has a son Travis -17 and a daughter Jessica -11.